Monday, August 29, 2011

Busy Weekends

Lately the social calendar has been extremely full. Which is a good thing, but often means I am tired when the weekend ends.

Two weeks ago my friend Erin and I went horse ridding. Something we have been saying we would do for a number of months. Guess what we got around to it! It was a lovely day out in the hills of Perth. The weather was cool and sunny, the horses where nice.. expect when mine rapidly tried to scrap my off his back using the closest tree or bush. But I have come to expect this from horses.. and it doesn't bother me, its just a good idea to see the tree coming first before you hit it.


This is Erin and I standing next to my cheeky horse with a mind of his own!

This past week I was in Melbourne for a cultural dance conference. It was hosted by Ausdance Victoria and it was an amazing conference. I had never been to Melbourne before, and I had a good time exploring the city. The first day I arrived I had a late afternoon to kill so I went over and checked out the aquarium, I saw some beautiful fish, and some funny penguins! Australia has amazing aquariums nothing compares to them, Australia is the capital for really interesting sea animals and fish! 



I also went to the National Gallery of Victoria - The International Gallery. This place is worth the trip to Melbourne. The international gallery blew me away. I saw some 15th century works I thought I would never get the chance to see. It was amazing! National Gallery of Victoria Australia


This stained glass ceiling was gigantic at least 100x250 ft

I arrived back in Perth on a Saturday evening to a houseful of guests. Graham had a BBQ when I got home! This made for an exciting arrival home again.

This weekend we have a friend from Sydney staying with us, Expat American Drinks and a big party down the street on Saturday night. So another fun filled weekend is awaiting. To bad its only Monday!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment