Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life in Perth



Perth, Australia
So the move to Perth was pretty nuts, we first went to my cousin's house in Mandurah, a hour drive south of Perth city. It was a good place to start out, and we got to spend a few days walking along the beach, getting use to a new place.
Graham quickly started school in April, and I started working with my cousin. That job turned into a permanent one in May, and now I am the Events Coordinator at a Seniors Centre. Its a good job, pretty easy, and lots of fun. We have lunch in our day centre for seniors everyday, we pick them up and take them home again. On Tuesdays we got out on outings. I plan these and we do all kinds of things, sometimes we have party's, or we go sight seeing or see museums. We do crafts as well. I often get to take in a movie and get paid for it, I love a job where I get to eat popcorn slurp a soda and watch a movie!
At the end of May we moved into an apartment just across the river from the city; In a small community called South Perth. Its a nice place to live, tree lined streets, and close to the river walking track. We have a two bedroom apartment, and it has a front patio that is shaded and has a small garden. Its nice to sit out there and get some fresh air. The only thing I do not like about the apartment is that the carpet is so old that if I watered it regularly I bet I could grow some of the best magic mushrooms this city has ever seen. Just Kidding, but the carpet is yucky. But beggars can't be choosers. In Australia housing is a big problem, there is not enough to go around, so I am happy to have a place of our own.
Kit cat seems to like his new home, he is not a out door kitty at his new home. He seems to be okay with that though, he has been in his new home four months now with out an escape attempt. I feel bad he does not have a back yard to eat grass and sun himself in but I guess thats okay. He gets lots of attention and kitty treats to make up for it! Plus Graham and I hope to have a farm in the future (long way off). We plan to have a cat door so he can come and go as he pleases. But he maybe so old by the time we get around to it he might be happier just to lay in bed all day.
The winter in Perth is really wet.. rain all the time... I am serious. I think its worse then the north western coast of the USA. But its funny, because I hear it only rains in the winter and then the spring comes and it stops raining till next winter. Everyone keeps telling me how hot the summers are so I guess I will find out shortly. But for now I am just happy that its not raining any more.
Okay I better go. I just found a bee in my office, and I better catch it and put it outside before my co-workers see it and freak out.
More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment