Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Big Move USA To Australia


In October of 2006 Graham and I moved from Indianapolis Indiana to Sydney Australia. It was a hard move. Arriving in Sydney we had a great 3 weeks celebrating our Australian wedding put on by my mother in-law Karen. We where married on the beach in Wollongong, and had a reception at Mount Kia over looking Wollongong and the ocean. It was a wonderful time, my parents and girlfriends Ann and Lindy came out for the event.

After the wedding settled down, we went to live with Andrew our good friend in the city. Andrew was great to put up with us. During our time at Andrews we worked on getting my immigration matters fixed up, and I became a temporary resident of Australia. Graham found work in the city, and I got my first Stage Management job at NIDA. It was an interesting time. I also met my and befriended my first Australian Cat (in the picture, the cat lived on Andrew's street) Aussie cats are huge. Big boned, but that means there is more kitty to love!

From Andrew's apartment we moved in with Graham's Nan, Marj. Marj and I where quick friends, she loved having us at home with her, and we loved her home cooked meals!! While at Marj's we finally found an apartment in Earlwood (Feb 2007) it took a long time to find a place. After a few happy months with Marj we moved out into our own place. It took us 3 rain filled days to move in, (although we did not have much to move, a thank you to Karen and Stuart). It took so long because our home in Earlwood was 89 steps down to the apartment!!

So that was how we started out in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment