Sunday, January 15, 2017

Joy

Joy. Its been such a joy. He is such a joy.
I say this a lot. Having Sterling with us has changed our lives. As I expected it would. I really wanted to have a baby, for me.. for my husband, for my parents and my in-laws. For our family.

What I wasn't expecting was how much joy our baby would bring others, I knew yeah... there would be joy and all the cuddles and snuggles and gooey things that come with having a baby. But I have been caught way off guard by the joy.

The joy Sterling brings others is one of my favourite things about being his Mom. Yes he brings me and Graham lots of joy daily but he seems to touch everyone he is in contact with. Watching him with my parents, with my husbands family, that is joyous. But even just walking down the street Sterling is bringing the joy. I've seen him brighten the day of strangers in the shops, of people walking past. His charm has helped his Mom out of a few jams already too.

Sometimes I think all parents must feel like this. But goodness. We have an ocean of joy at our house. Its spills out of our lives and into the lives of others. I think its the best gift I have ever witnessed.

Heres my joy... enjoying a bath outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment