Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Goodbye Kitty

A Eulogy for my cat
August 5th 2016




Kit Cat Wolfla Weaire-Buchanan
2000-2016

We lost our kitty boy Kit cat today. He left us suddenly.
Kit was my cat child, he was my first pet in Australia. I met him while working as a volunteer at the Cat Protection Society of NSW. We adopted him as an adult in 2007. His first owners moved away and didn’t want to keep him anymore.
He was a was BIG cat. He hardly fit in the cage they kept him in when he first arrived at the Cat Protection Society. I met him when he came in, the very day he was dropped off. I was washing cat bowls and he was looking up at me with a sad face. A week later he was ours.
It took him a year to warm up to us, he didn’t sit in my lap for 3 years and only sat next to us about 6 months after he came home to our house.
Kit had many quirks and rules.
But I loved him anyway.
He had to have things his way or no way. I once watched him bite Graham on the scalp, thus getting the name “scalp bitter”
He would only eat from porcelain and had a set of antique gold rim dishes that most humans would be jealous of.
In his later years he loved to sleep in the back garden. He has featured in three publications on cats and even had his likeness in a art gallery in 2015.
Kit had many many human friends. And a few dog friends.
Kit joined me at work on many occasions and loved hanging out and meeting new people.
He has an alias “Smuffy Jones” which features on his very large cat carrier.
Kit went by many nick names, Kittles, Kitty, Moogie, Meow Meow to name a few. He has been my shadow for many years.
Just this morning I took a photo of him watching and waiting for the sun to come up on another cat day. Im going to miss him.

Thanks for loving us Kitty. We loved you.


No comments:

Post a Comment