Monday, January 18, 2016

A letter to my baby boy.





Dear Baby Boy,

This week your 34 weeks old from the moment your cells sparked and divided into the little person you are growing into.

Your Dad and I have been waiting a long time to meet you... Years in fact... Now that its only a few weeks away till the day we get to meet we have so many feelings and emotions coming to the surface.

Your Dad is thinking about you every day. At night he feels you kick my belly with his hand and smiles. Sometimes you'll be kicking away and I will put your Dad's hand on my belly.. but you suddenly go quite. I think you know he must be watching. Tonight he held up some of your clothes and said "I can't believe we will have a little boy this big one day". I agree its hard to believe too! We have been waiting so so long to meet you.

How long? Well, at least 7 years. We got married 10 years ago, and didn't want to have a baby right away I was 23 and your Dad was 24. We still had some growing to do. Lucky for me and your Dad we got to do a lot of growing together, we had lots of adventures, learnt a lot of important things about being good partners to each other. By the time I was 27 I was ready to meet you, ready to have a little person to love and cuddle. I didn't know I was in for a long wait at the time. While waiting for you it was hard not to feel a little down sometimes...
But when I look back, I think you have come at the perfect time. Im so glad your Dad and I got to spend 10 years together trying to become good, strong, hard working people. I think we will be better parents to you for it. I also have lots of embarrassing stories to tell you about your Dad, which I know will come in handy as you grow up.

Im not nervous to become your Mom. Im hopeful.
I hope I take all these new changes in my stride, and overcome any obstacles we might face the same way I have overcome all the other obstacles in my life. One day at a time. Even one minutes at a time if need be. I hope I am patient and kind, loving and understanding, and only firm with you when its to your own benefit.

Your being born into a small but loving family, you have a Nana (Pat) and Grandma (Karen) that can't wait to meet you. You have a Grandpa (Hank), a Pa (Stuart) and a Pop (Craig) who all can't wait to be your best mate. You have an Uncle Simon who will be your biggest fan and if you play your cards right will spoil you rotten (he's a softy). You have lots of extended family and friends who are all waiting to greet you too. Your roots will cross two countries. Australia and America.

Im so thankful your almost here! I know both your Dad and I are about to fall in love with you, I can't wait to see your Dad hold you! Its the part I am looking forward to the most. Because I love you and your Dad more then anything in the world.  Im so so glad your Dad and I get to have a little boy like you to love.

See you soon Baby boy..
Your Mom is ready and waiting!









1 comment:

  1. Such a lovingly written letter Mary! With each emotion so beautifully expressed, tears welled in my eyes as I read.
    I want to hug you a let you know that everything will be alright. ♥
    What a lucky little boy to have you & Graham as his parents !!!
    Love you always, Mum

    ReplyDelete