Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Home with out Graham


Graham is in Sydney this week visiting his parents and family and friends. And I am home in Perth. I am so happy he is home and having fun. But I miss him tons. Being home is not the same with out him.
With Graham being away I have realized a few things about myself. 1. I am messy (big news to those who know me well) 2. I have horrible anxiety 3. I can not sleep with out someone else in the house AND 4. the most important thing I have learned; I should never be allowed to live alone.
Now I am not totally alone. I do have Kit cat to keep my company, but mostly he makes the above things worse. He keeps my up at night be making noises I over re-act too. Like Kit jumping on the table sounds just like someone knocking at the door. Or Kit playing with his cat nip toy sounds like someone for surely breaking down the screen door. I then have get up and make sure no one is breaking in. Followed by a 30 minute anxiety attack before I fall back asleep again. Then it starts all over. FUN. I wish I had a turn off button to cure me of this anxiety problem.
My solution to the night time anxiety is to stay up all night reading (or writing blogs) until I pass out. This is not the best solution as I am over tired and have to work in the morning and am also suffering from some form of the flu at the moment (it too is making my life horrid, I have missed 2 days of work so far). Tomorrow, no matter how sick or tired I am I am going to go to work. I can sleep on the train and bus a little, and if it is bad I can always pass out on my desk in the afternoon. At least in an office full of people I can feel safe enough to sleep soundly. Gosh the more I think about this issue the more I think I should see a doctor for some sleeping pills. But I guess its only one week with out Graham home and then it will all be fine again.
Sorry for the depressing nature of this blog. But if anyone has some sleeping hints for me I would love to hear them as I have 6 more nights to go. Yes and I have tried tea before bed, reading The Bible, and watching TV.
Okay.. going to try sleeping again.. fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary! I hope you got some good sleep! You should have come to the states while Graham went to Sydney. I'm so happy you blog! The technology now a days is a huge blessing, especially for those who live so far away. I think about you always and sure miss you! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete